There’s no shortage of perks with Absolute Checking. This free account only requires a $100 opening deposit and either a monthly direct deposit (no minimum!) OR just one online bill payment per month.1
Free ATMs anytime, anywhere.2
Free means free. Choose any ATM worldwide and we’ll cover the fees. (No receipt required.) Just use your Absolute Checking Visa Check Card to withdraw cash at any ATM where the card is accepted. If that ATM owner charges a fee, ViewPoint Bank will refund that fee.
There’s no minimum balance required to earn the base interest rate on the account.
To earn a premium interest rate3, simply:
• Sign up for online statements
• Use your Absolute Checking Visa Check Card at least 15 times per month
for everyday purchases
• No monthly service charge or minimum balance required
• Free online bill pay
• Free checks4
• Free mobile banking and text message banking5
• Free cash-back rewards
• Free FinanceWorks budgeting tool
• Free safe deposit box6
1. To maintain an Absolute Checking account, you must (a) receive a monthly direct
deposit OR (b) use our online bill pay to make at least ONE bill payment per month. (Bill
payment must POST before month-end.) If these eligibility requirements are not met, the
account may be converted to a Free Checking account. See Account Disclosure for
2. ViewPoint Bank will not charge an ATM fee and will refund fees charged by ATM owners.
Both the foreign ATM fee and the refund will show up separately on your statement.
3. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates subject to change. To earn the highest APY, all
of the following are required. Otherwise you will earn the lowest APY:
a. Receive your monthly bank statements and notices on your account electronically.
Statements will be available through Online Banking. (For security reasons, we require
users to log in to Online Banking at least once every 6 months to continue receiving
b. Use your Absolute Checking Visa Check Card at least 15 times per month for
purchases. Transactions must POST before month-end.
c. Meet the basic account requirements listed in #1 above.
Rates are determined based on the activity of the prior month. For example, if you meet
all the requirements in January, you will qualify to receive the highest APY in February.
This interest will post to your account at the end of February and will be reflected in your
February statement. If you do not meet the requirements in January, you will receive
the lowest rate on your February statement.
If requirements are met, rates quoted as of October 1, 2012, were the following: 1%
APY on $0 - $25,000; 0.35% APY on $25,000.01 - $100,000; and 0.35% APY on all
deposits over $100,000. If requirements are NOT met, the rate is 0.01% APY.
4. ViewPoint Custom Checks only. One box of check per year.
5. Standard rates from your wireless provider still apply.
6. Free for one year. Subject to limited availability. Standard fees apply after one year
from date of opening. See schedule of fees for service charges. Offer is non
transferable. Contents of safe deposit boxes are NOT INSURED by the FDIC.
Only one account per primary owner. You must live in the State of Texas to be eligible
for this account.